The families held a press conference at the Washington Press club in an emotional appeal to get answers about the incident and to reveal information:
"...about how and why their sons along with 26 others died in a fatal helicopter crash in Afghanistan on August 6, 2011, just a few months after the successful raid on the compound of Osama Bin Laden that resulted in the master terrorist's death..."The Charges:
- *President Obama's And Vice President Biden's disclosure of Seal Team 6's involvement in the successful Bin Laden compound raid resulted in putting a retaliatory target on the backs of the fallen heroes.
- *Seal Team 6 unit and others were sent in an inferior aircraft transport into a raging battle to support Army Rangers without proper air support.
- *Special Ops and other units are restricted from engaging attackers with return fire until they have first determined that the attackers have not put their weapons down, exposing our troops to injury and/or death.
- *Requested Pre Assault Fire was denied to the units deployed that night and contributed to the helicopter being shot down and subsequent death of unit members.
- *Afghani soldiers attached to the Seal mission were not properly vetted and may have leaked classified information about the personnel make-up of the mission, resulting in the vehicle being specifically targeted.
- *Military brass invited a Muslim cleric to the Seal Unit funeral services, who then disparaged them in Arabic, damning them as infidels to Allah. A video with translation was shown as evidence.
In a joint statement released to the press, Legal counsel for the families, Larry Klayman said,
"...our government has over the last twelve years since September 11 committed brave American servicemen to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan which, in large part as a result of politics, were poorly conceived of and implemented, resulting in the deaths of thousands and the maiming of tens of thousands of our brave heroes..."The event was sponsored by Freedom Watch, and supporters, former Florida Republican Congressman and veteran, Allan West, and Congresswoman Michele Bachmann of Minnesota.
Retired Army Lt. General William Boykin, who was also deputy undersecretary of defense for Intelligence, and commander of the Army Delta Force was also there to show support.
He said that politicized rules of engagement were a deliberate plot that put political correctness above the safety of the troops:
"...We allowed politics to become more important than the lives and safety of our men and women..."In a scathing statement, The Father of Seal Team 6 member Aaron Vaughn, Billy Vaughn said:
"...Admiral Harward, made a statement to the grieving families that day. 'We want to win the hearts and minds of the enemy.' Aaron did not become a Navy SEAL Team 6 Golf Squad to win the hearts and minds of the Islamic Jihadists. He became a Navy SEAL to fight for this republic and defeat the enemy...And I’ll tell you right now, any American flag officer who does not want to defeat the enemy, needs to find another job..."
A Fox News Report from 2012 reveals the Obama Administration's "Outing" of Seal Team Six.
See Video of entire Presser HERE: