|Military Strategy Forum: General Raymond T. Odierno, Chief of Staff of the Army (Photo credit: CSIS: Center for Strategic & International Studies)|
TO THE POINTS:
"...The worst-case scenario," Odierno said, "is you ask me to deploy thousands of soldiers somewhere and we have not properly trained them to go because we simply don't have the dollars and money..."
- The U.S. has not conducted any training in the last six months of the fiscal year endig Sept. 30.
- There are currently only two Army brigades rated combat ready.
- That's a total of 7K to 10K troops. Less than 1/3 of what he believes is required for proper national security.
- Troops shipping out to Afghanistan are prepared only to train and assist Afghan troops, not to conduct combat ops.
- Thousands of cuts leave U.S. defense force at 420,000, absolute minimum.
Read Full story HERE
More Vanguard of Freedom Red Clix Headliners HERE...